Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Word-of-the-Week Haiku Challenge

I'm feeling the need to spice things up, so starting today, I will be posting a word-of-the-week.  I have a jar full of random words at home, and today's drawing gave me:

"Flex"

I will be posting haikus between today and Friday that use this week's word.  I'd like to open the challenge to any other haiku fans & friends to develop your own haiku using the word-of-the-week.  Feel free to use any form of the word (like Flexed, flexing, etc.) Post your haiku in the comment section here, and please note whether it's okay if I use your haiku on the main blog page later.  Also, let me know if you want me to post your name with it or just leave it anonymous.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. All of the ladies
    Come to the yard when I flex
    To teach, I must charge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen him flexing
      in the yard for all to see
      Wouldn't pay for that

      Delete
    2. The taste of my flex
      Is an acquired one, miss.
      Don't hate what you ain't.

      Delete
    3. Rather flexible
      I'm told are your mother's tastes.
      Among other things.*

      *I must clarify:
      Mom jokes are just easy hits.
      No hate to your mom.**

      **But were my aim harm,
      I'd mention your mom's schedule:
      Nice to work flextime.

      Delete