Thursday, May 30, 2013

Word-of-the-Week Responses: Weeks 1 & 2

Below are the responses sent in by people responding to the week 1 challenge ("Flex") and week 2 challenge "coffee-stained").

WEEK 1: "Flex"

All of the ladies
Come to the yard when I flex
To teach, I must charge

          -Andrew

I've seen him flexing
in the yard for all to see
Wouldn't pay for that

          -Eli

The taste of my flex
Is an acquired one, miss.
Don't hate what you ain't.

          -Andrew


Rather flexible
I'm told are your mother's tastes.
Among other things.*

*I must clarify:
Mom jokes are just easy hits.
No hate to your mom.**

**But were my aim harm,
I'd mention your mom's schedule:
Nice to work flextime.

          -Eli


WEEK 2: "Coffee-Stained"

My pants have brown spots
I hope beyond all hope that
they are coffee stained.

          -Andrew

nervous energy
massive productivity
mouth is coffee-stained
          -Andrew

Coffee-stained carpet
Not my doing,but I clean.
Reminders don't work,


Thinks the mom, sighing,
Wonderin' how many times
Before it sinks in.

          -Barbara

Grouchy Saturdays.
Dark mornings, coffee-stained shirt.
Might be an addict...

          -Andrew

It's not a problem,
She swears while she shakes, showing

A coffee-stained smile.
          -Sayuri


No comments:

Post a Comment