My blender dun broke,
No more margaritas, no.
Cry tequila tears.
Kenny G is nice
But sax cannot beat my fav':
Skanky trumpet jazz.
Dancing is her life,
Spinning, sliding, and grooving
All throughout the week.
Brontë sisters wrote
Putrid Wuthering Heights and
Delightful Jane Eyre.
Spanish for "monkey"
Equals "mono," which is why
My roommate feels bad.
Cup of tea brewing
Relaxing stimulation
Perfumed book in hand.
As for Elissa,
She wishes that her boyfriend
Looked more like Noel Fielding.
Play-doh and Plato:
Elementary, college.
I prefer the first.
Arms around my dear
As I slip into slumber,
Waking, sweet as dreams.
Disco, pop's hot beats,
Lights flare in rainbow colors.
Groovin' till the dawn.
You think Alaska
Gets lots of illegal
Russian immigrants?
Smoldering embers,
Burning rubies in the dark,
Light the path of dreams.
Hyped up on coffee
But forced to sit in his chair,
Twiddling his thumbs.
Life inside the tunes,
Rhythmic glitter in your veins,
Synthesizer heart.
September breezes
Whisper "adieu" to dew drops,
Too soon cloaked by frost.
Liquor-filled tureen,
Drunkard's swirling diversion,
Sloshing paradise.
Björks's red-carpet gown,
Modernism's murdered grace,
Swan Lake's dying scene.
Breath of a baby
And Susan's poor blackened eye,
Flora in the fields.
Emotions held tight,
Locked away in compartments,
Honey in the comb.
Poison oak haiku
Not all that different from
Frida Kahlo art.
Golden beams of light.
Warm, filtered and dimmed splendor,
As dear sun free-falls.
I LOLd so hard! =] There are so many fantastic haikus in this bunch.
ReplyDeleteOne of my two (or three?) essays for the AP Art History test was on Frida Kahlo's self portrait. I had never before seen it, and didn't actually know who the artist was until just now. I passed the test, though.